Camelot Knights Swim & Dive Team
Welcome Back Knights!! For 2020, we are running the swim team a little bit different due to the ongoing situation surrounding COVID-19. The 2020 Summer Knights Swim Camp will begin on 6/29 and will run through August 1. (Please see the Dive Team update for 2020 below). Registrations for the Summer Knights Swim Camp are now on a waitlist basis. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist. Anyone who comes off the waitlist must fill out the COVID agreement at: https://forms.gle/JZGmkYwv8MPTcpMm7 before he/she will be allowed to practice.
2020 Swim Team Camp Schedule
11 & Up (unless you have been previously contacted by a member of the CCC Knights Parent Committee), will participate Mondays and Wednesdays.Knights who are 7-10 will participate on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fridays are the back-up for inclement weather. We will communicate schedule changes via email. Due to this summer's unique circumstances, we are unfortunately not able to offer a form of swim team to our Squires.
Please read the following to ensure things run smoothly and safely:
- Swimmers should arrive at 10:30 AM and will line up in Balin Court where swimmers will be divided into groups. Please arrive on time so that we can get in the pool for the 10:45 start.
- Please park and remember to not drive into Balin Court.
- Remember to keep 6’ from non-family members.
- Practice social distancing when you arrive and please have you and your swimmer wear a mask (the wearing of a mask for 10 and under is encouraged but is not mandatory).
- Swimmers must come ready to swim. If a swimmer can’t put on a cap, it needs to be done at home!
- Bathroom use is reserved for emergencies only. No showers or changing in the bathrooms. Please have your child use the bathroom before coming to the pool!
- Swimmers should bring their own towel, cap, and goggles. Please bring a water bottle for your child that is clearly marked with his/her name. Please no food!
- There will be no shared equipment.
- Coaches will wear masks as swimmers enter and leave the pool area
- Parent volunteers will wear masks
- Swimmers 11 and older will wear masks when entering and leaving
- Masks optional for 7-10 year olds
- There is a very strict entrance and exit procedure for the practices to ensure social distancing and group quota compliance.
- Only swimmers and coaches are permitted in the pool area. No parents or spectators. For 6/29 and 6/30 we are still in Phase 2. Starting 7/1 we will be in Phase 3. Caregivers can stay at that time but need to honor social distance guidelines and bring a chair. Drop-off encouraged.
- Coaches will direct swimmers to towel/shoe location and lanes/activity location.
- Group A - starting dry land/dive well group - will line up on the left side of straight-a-way. Distance markings on the ground with yellow crayon. Enter through the black gate and put belongings along the back fence near the diving board.
- Group B - starting main pool group - will line up on the right side of straight-a-way. Distance markings on the ground with yellow crayon. enter down driveway into wide gate and put belongings along back fence that is perpendicular to baby pool
- Parents should screen swimmers and all family members everyday for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 and keep swimmers home if there are any symptoms. This includes a temp above 100.4, the feeling of having a fever, muscle aches unrelated to exercise, and/or a new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition.
- Screening will be done on the honor system. We are relying on parents to do symptom monitoring at home. When in doubt, please take your child/children’s temperature each morning before they swim.
Exit Plan -
- Swimmers will leave the pool by their assigned groups with masks on and with all of the items they brought with them to the pool.
- Continue to maintain social distancing when exiting CCC.
- Please do not pick up your child by driving into Balin Court.
- We need parent volunteers to help with entry and exit. Right now we only have one parent helping out with the entry and exit! We’d love more! Here’s the google doc to sign up: ttps://docs.google.com/
document/d/ 1Mq0uctPBuYtOmdjvTqQpxO9Aw7Nzr 62cXocxBDnGSqE/edit
- Some supplies are also needed. Please see the Google Doc.
These are unpredictable times but we are so grateful that we are able to get our Knights together in small groups for short periods of time. Our coaches are excited too and hope to balance swim conditioning and technical stroke guidance with some fun! If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Fingers Crossed for 2021 Practices to be As Follows (Dates will Change)
May 28 – June 14 Afternoons/School in Session
- Ages 13 & Over: Mon - Fri from 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm
- Ages 9 to 12: Mon - Fri from 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm
- Ages 8 & Under: Mon – Fri from 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
June 17 – July 19 Mornings/School is Out
- Ages 13 & Over: Mon - Thurs from 7:45 am – 9:00 am; Fri 8-9am
- Ages 9 - 12: Mon - Fri from 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Ages 8 & Under: Mon - Fri from 10:00 - 10:45 am
- Fun Fridays: Bagels and fun practice for all age groups at NORMAL TIME
- Squires: Mon - Friday from 11-1130 and 1130-12. Fun Friday Bagels at 10:30 am.
Alternative evening practices will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. for all age groups to accommodate those swimmers who are at camps or have other commitments during the mornings. These practices will not be held during dive meets or other special mid-week meets (IM Carnival, Relay Carnival).
2020 Knights Dive
We will not be hosting an official or unofficial dive team this year, but we encourage your children to keep up the practice over the summer. If you have reserved a dive well slot and are looking for a coach to hire for private/semi-private lessons (with social distancing, of course), feel free to reach out to our would-have-been coaching staff, or other senior divers from the team:
Andy Green - Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org (
Alex Conley - email@example.com
Micaela Wells - firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa Mack - email@example.com
Colin Greene - firstname.lastname@example.org
Abby and Lauren Gagermeier - email@example.com - have also expressed interest in helping coach as well and may be available.
Fingers Crossed for 2021 Practices to be As Follows (Dates will Change)
If your children are interested in trying out dive as a sport, feel free to send them to practice the first week - no commitment necessary. Please note that NVSL requires completed waivers to be submitted to the dive rep for each child prior to his/her first practice, regardless of whether or not he/she actually joins the team.
May 28 - June 13 (Monday - Thursday afternoons - school is in session):
- Ages 13 & Over: 5:15pm - 6:15pm
- Ages 9 - 12: 6:15pm - 7:15pm
- Ages 8 & Under: 5:45pm - 6:15pm
- (Please note: no practice on Fridays while school in session)
June 17 - July 24 (summer schedule):
- Ages 13 & Over: Mon - Thurs 9am - 10am,
- Ages 9 - 12: Mon - Thurs 10am - 11:15am,
- Ages 8 & Under: Mon - Thurs 9:30am - 10:00am,
- Squires - Mon - Friday 10:30 - 11am (bagels at 10:30)
- Fridays: Fun Friday - 9:30am - 11am for everyone.
Alternative evening practice will be held Wednesday and Thursday from 5 pm - 7 pm for divers who are not available for morning practices due to camps or other morning commitments.
July 25 - August 4 (post regular season):
Monday, 7/29 - 9am
Tuesday and Wednesday 7/30-7/31 - 4pm
Thursday 8/1 - 6:30pm
Friday 8/2 - 1pm at Springfield