Camelot Squires Program
The Squires program is for young CCC swimmers (4-8) who are interested in gaining swim strength and developing their strokes. Summer swim provides a unique opportunity for your child to develop as a swimmer, make friends, and be a part of a community team with kids of all ages.
The Squires Program includes:
- 5 weeks of 30 minute classes in the mornings after school has ended - 19 classes total (no practice on 7/4) with 2 sessions beginning at 11 and 11:30am
- Classes focus on developmental freestyle and backstroke skills, basic racing techniques (including starts!), and building stamina.
- Joining our Knights at Fun Friday Bagels and Pep Rallies!
- Our much anticipated 2019 Lollipop Meet at the end of the season.
- Possibility of being "Knighted" in a ceremony for those Squires who have been identified as ready to join the Knights team!
Please note that the Squires program does not replace swim lessons and is not a water readiness class. Your child is ready for the Squires program when he/she meets the following:
- Must be between 4 and 8 years old.
- Must be willing to leave their parent or guardian to join the group in the pool independently. It is very important that the Squires are willing to transition easily as we have access to the pool for just short periods.
- Must be comfortable in the water and able to fully submerge for 4-5 seconds. They may hold their breath … or choose to exhale slowly.
- Must be able to submerge under water and be willing to kick or pull themselves unassisted, with an instructor a few feet away.
- Must be willing to wear a swim cap or have hair pulled back and out of the face. Goggles are optional.
These five requirements ensure that all of our Squires and instructors have a safe and productive swim season! You have plenty of time after the pool opens in May and before our classes begin to get your child ready! Squires will be evaluated for these skills during our assessments on June 2nd 1-3pm. If your child cannot complete these tasks, or is younger than 4 years old, please consider private lessons with one of our energetic young coaches.